Event Details May 2018
Art by Email: Beyond Boundaries 1st May - 14th June
The exhibition will run from 1st May through to 14th June.
It will be open for viewing between 10am-3pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays @ The Island Gallery, Queen's Mill, Castleford.
Art by Email: Beyond Boundaries celebrates the fact that technology can be used to share Art, ideas and information anywhere in the world.
The exhibition showcases the work of nine artists from the Middle East and Northern Africa with a number of different themes and ideas being explored around life where the artists live.
We invite the local community to come and view the artworks, to think about what the artists are communicating and to look for the contrasts and connections between what is presented and how we can relate this to life in Castleford and the surrounding areas.
There will be an interactive area where visitors can leave their thoughts and take part in an activity sharing their thoughts on our town.
The exhibition is a collaboration between Yorkshire Sculpture Park and Art Role and has previously been on display at Yorkshire Sculpture Park.
The exhibition is sponsored by SysServers.
Please be aware that the exhibition will not be open on Saturday May 12th as the volunteers will be at the Castleford Boat Festival
Tour De Yorkshire - Friday 4th May (10:00-17:00)
Join us to celebrate the Tour De Yorkshire passing through Castleford
- Cycling Forum
- Bike Doctor Sessions
- Craft Stalls
- Children's Activities
Mill Open Day Saturday 5th May (10:00-15:00)
Celebrating Music, Movement and Maypole dancing
- Performances from Local groups
- 'Wheels' themed children's crafts
- Mill Tours
- Craft Stalls
Castleford Boat Festival - 12th May (10:00-15:00)
- Free boat trips with Safe Anchor Trust
- Goole Boat Museum will be bringing some historic boats for visitors to take a look around
- Waterways association, River Stewardship company and the Historical hub club will be attending
- A coffee stall and tea tent
- Best decorated boat competition, with a £25 prize for the winner
- Children's Activities - Duck Racing and Arts/Crafts
- Free Canoe Tasters
10th Anniversary of the Millennium Bridge - 4th July (16:00-23:00)
To celebrate the tenth anniversary of the opening of the Millennium Bridge Lock Lane resident and Trust volunteer Rod Rayner has organised this special event.
The event will include renditions by Park Middle School choir, dance groups and young musicians along with a buffet and a celebratory ale from Revolutions Brewery.
Please join us in celebrating this unique Castleford landmark.
The Great Yorkshire Show 10th - 12th July
We will be sharing a stall with grain farmer Alastair Trickett who has an interest in growing heritage varieties of cereal.
The stall can be found in the Meet The Farmer section of the show food hall.
Queen's Mill Roman Day - 15th September (10:00-15:00)
- Mill Tours - FREE
- Roman pottery handling
- Discover a Roman quern stone replica
- Roman storytelling sessions
- Roman Themed Games
- Roman themed Children's crafts including Mosaic printing with ceramic tiles
- A Roman family trail around the site
- Taste samples of Panem Lagentium, our roman themed bread with a Castleford twist, and take away the recipe to cook at home
Also on the day;
- Food and Drink
- Book sale
- Craft Stalls
Queen's Mill Christmas Fair - 24th November (10:00-15:00)
- Christmas Craft Market
- Christmas Performances
- Little Elves Workshop
- Memories Collection Workshop
- Santa's Grotto